Thursday, January 3, 2008

Running Away

I know I am quite lame, reading Last Term at Malory Towers, at the age of 19 but I cannot help but relate to the content of it. Running away is one of the more prominent themes in this book.

"Running away from things is never any good. You can't run away from difficulties. You only take them with you. Running away never gets us anywhere."

How very true and how we all know this basic facet of life but at the same time, how we are all running away from what is right in front of us. I honestly cannot deny that I have been trying to escape from reality, by whatever means there are. It is sort of a reflex action for me, I wonder if it is a reflex action for most others as well. I reckon so especially if one has been hit severely with a humongous wave resulting in a great dip in esteem and confidence.

I have come to realise that running away is not the way to ressolve problems but it doesn't mean that I will not run away in face of difficulties. There is this transition between understanding and practising it. It will be hard to practise what is preached but I will try.

You and I, will attempt not to run away from each other any more because You and I need each other to complete the picture. Let's try.

No comments: