Sunday, August 24, 2008

X-Man Returns

Consciously or sub-consciously or unconsciously, the X-Man issue is surfacing everywhere. And different people have different views about it. Some feel that there is no point in transforming into an X-Man because there are many alternatives around, like Superman, Batman and Power Rangers or better still, they prefer to remain mortal.

Some feel that they cannot accept X-Man as the Superhero-of-All-Time as X-Man is too unbelievable to be true. I feel that X-Man is a subset of a greater pool of Superheroes! In fact, I believe in X-Man! It's just that the form I believe X-Man takes is not the one which is commonly known to others.

Today I taught all 5 Lees! And I really like Andrew and Philip! I secretly keep an album of their pictures on Facebook but I am no paedophile! The twins are beyond just being cute and I am surprised at a tender age of 5+, they can be stretched so much in different arenas. Tennis, pre-primary education, tuition for pre-primary education and what's more, X-Man training. Even though they are a family of X-Men, we get along very well. Children are like sponges, they simply accept what is given to them, so as teachers, we must teach them the right thing. They are also sponges of different absorption abilties, so as teachers, we must apply the correct pace to each child. I am glad I did not take too long to realise that Early Childhood Education is interesting, intriguing and challenging. Before I left, Andrew said he wanted to go home with me! And John thanked me for helping him. It's not as if I am looking out for some recognition from a kid but sometimes, it only takes a little to show your appreciation to others. Even an 8-year-old boy knows how to mind his Ps-and-Qs.

X-Man, you back off.

No comments: