Wednesday, September 12, 2007

19

This is my first blog entry and I am feeling very weird typing this. Although I have expected for this day to come, I didn't once felt it so imminent. So here I am, blogging.

Today, special as it is, is both my birthday on the calendar which we all follow as well as on the lunar calendar. 12th September happens to be the 2nd of the 8th lunar month this year, which is rather rare. It probably first occurred the day I was born.

19, it has come. A great birthday spent away from home. A wonderful birthday which summoned celebration for 4 days. A fabulously incredible birthday I had with superb people surrounding me.

9 September 2007, Sunday, 8.00 pm

My first presents were from Wan Ping, Lam Lam and Jacquelin -- a card, a water dispenser and mooncakes, the kind with baked crust. I haven't eaten the mooncakes but I bet they would be delicious! Lam Lam even delivered the water dispenser all the way to PGP for me. Thank the three of them loads!

10 September 2007, Monday, 7.00 pm

Then, I was really unknowingly dragged into a dinner outing with Pei Fen and Vanessa at VivoCity. It was indeed a pleasant surprise as I have never imagined the both of them to have planned so far ahead for me. We ate a scrumptous meal at Secret Recipe topped with a slice of cake each. What nice friends I have made during my stint at Fengshan Primary School! Also, pretty Hallmark card, thank you!

11 September 2007, Tuesday, 12.30 pm

My MNO1001 team got together to discuss about our video project which is, at the moment, one of my greatest concerns as I have to act in it. Goodness gracious! How many NGs will I need to perfect one simple dialogue! We had lunch together at The Terrace and I certainly felt gullible to believe what my group members claimed, "Andy and Benedict are off to photocopy our drafts." Little did I know that they actually went all the way to The Deck to get Ollio's cheese cake for me. I am definitely easily surprised! Lots of thanks and gratitude to my newly-made friends in MNO1001 A16 Team 1!

7.00 pm

It so happens that Jason, a friend from my Engineering Orientation Week group, is born two years and one day before me. So Transformers wanted to throw a surprise mini-party to celebrate both our birthdays together. I was unintendedly notified of the celebration, which I felt was quite an interesting turn to the series of events that have been happening. I didn't know why but I ended up playing badminton despite my bad cough. Beatifully designed and cosmopolitan autographed card as well as the long-awaited purple Pilot shaker mechanical pencil and cute cup sincerely appreciated here!

12 September 2007

The actual day has come finally. Heaps of birthday SMSes flooded in and I am really glad that distance or time did not make them forget my birthday! The order of SMS goes

00:09 Wan Ping
00:17 Pin Chuan
00:37 Pei Fen
01:10 Wan Qing
01:15 Gladys
07:55 Huili
08:13 Zimin
08:57 Matt
08:58 Kenneth
10:43 Qiongkuan
10:46 Lam Lam
14:05 Xuan Yun
16:27 Dawn
17:01 Yenny
18:15 Wee Siong
23:44 Zhenhui

Wan Ping miraculously calculated the time and sent her message on 12/09 at 12.09 am. Good job well done! Thank you all!

I knew I was setting up this blog only because I feel for my deteriorating brain power and memory space.

Signing off my first blog entry.

No comments: